CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 4, 2008

Day something, Jan 4

Back to school and we took the full day to go to two shrines, The Tochoji Temple and something-something shrine. The Tochoji was the same from before with the giant buddha. Since it was the new year, most people bought charms or even lit incense and prayed. That one guy from Mexico bought two charms of each kind. Talk about really wanting a great year. Ha. They had this one chart we looked at to see if we were going to have a good year. Mine was half black and white, supposedly meaning that my first half of the year will be good and the last half would be bad or okay. Thanks alot Year of the Rat/Mouse!

We also had to write out our wishes for the year on the wooden cards you tie up. That was cool. I forgot to do that when I went to Dazaifu. So we headed back to school and us students had lunch together. Though we come to see about half the students leave. Damn. One was the Mexican guy who shopped all throughout school, another was my friend from New Zealand, he's going to teach as an ALT in Kuramoto(sp?) another was June from Australia and the another was Janine from Australia. Now Janine was very advanced. She was a graduate from a Japanese university. the last was my friend from the UK, James. Too bad we didn't get to hang out much. We only talked in passing, but that's kind of my fault since they usually went out and I never tagged along.

But I do have fun with my roommates or just wandering around Fukuoka by myself. haha. Some people will call me depressed at home for being a loner. Maybe I'll tell them I cut myself too to feel alive. Just kidding, bad joke. tomorrow I'm going to try a sushi place Hisako-san mentioned. I went there but the line to get in was superlong. It's one of those revolving belt sushi places but very good and very cheap. I may bring home a small platter for my roommates.

I think next week school, I'll be in for a full six hours a day, plus I think I'm alone in my classes. we'll see. sorry no pics today.

0 comments: