CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Day 9



ok ok ok. I was trying not to write about his, or really my opinion on this but its been bugging me. not about Fukuoka or Japan, but about one of the students. So let me apologize ahead of time. This does not reflect the school at all. The school is great, but this guy finally got to me. So think of this scenario. The teacher is going over the verbs to come, to go and to return. So we are going over examples using ourselves as subjects and different destinations right? So here comes crazy, he blurts out when the instructor asks if we have any questions,

"Sensei, how do we say in Japanese, ' I want to punch you in the face?' This is an important question." hahahahaha

Just kidding I'm exaggerating and changing the words, but he's like this. Even the other student in the class asks says in a german accent which makes it funnier,

"what does this have to do with anything?" hahaha. I laughed out loud. I couldn't help it. But the thing is he keeps doing this. The other student then goes on, "You keep coming up with these things. why? what are you trying to say?"

I kept laughing. This guy keeps asking weird questions and asks how to say weird phrases that have nothing to do with the lesson. and then he says, "This is important to know."

I literally had to excuse myself because I kept laughing and then I started to think how he's either trying to pick a fight with someone or trying to pick up on girls, but his questions are crazy.

Oh, he is intelligent to the point of being able to speak more than 5 languages, but he keeps trying to say stuff as he knows more about your own language or puts down the Japanese language saying its too complicated and why do they do this and why do they do that. This brings me to our first meeting. I was standing outside of the school waiting for it to open, then he comes out of no where (no lie) and says to me, "Asalam a lakum" sorry for the bad spelling. I looked at him and said, "What?" and then he says,

"Oh I thought you were muslim. Didn't you say you're muslim?" WTF? He literally just came up to me off the street and said this. I even asked him, "Do I know you?"
So this kind of tells you what kind of guy he is. One more week with this guy. God please help me not push him in front of the subway.

So let's start my day. I went to a tea ceremony with my friend Helmut and Lisbeth. It was cool. We dressed in Yukatas (?) and learned how to take tea and how to serve tea. Too bad I couldn't take pictures, but our sensei did, so I hope she posts them or gives me a few copies. We learned how the tea ceremony was for men, samurai at that, only. Now more women are involved and can take part in both serving and taking.

Class was fun, even with the exchange above with this guy. I'm not mentioning names, but if you know me from the school. you'll know who I'm talking about since there was only three of us in my class. Sorry I have to complain again, but he always asks each teacher, "How long before we learn kanji? I don't know If I can do this?"

After class I went to Kego Park and took pictures of the xmas lights. Really nice.


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll slap him for you! BAH.

Anyway, enough about him, get away if you can from him.

Cool pics re: the lights!

Hope you can survive one more week of him!