CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Funny things I've seen

This is more of a list I kept in my head of all the funny things I've seen in Fukuoka. Don't get me wrong. I love this place, but the things touch me, in my opinion, as strange or funny.

1. Yes, alot of the women are hot, but they ride bicycles while dolled up and in high heels.
2. Everyone texts everywhere. I mean sitting and passing time on the subway is fine, but driving, riding their bikes, eating with people (who are also texting), and walking. I actually saw a man walk into someone because he was texting.
3. Toilet handles have a choice for a big flush and a small flush.
4. the bathroom stalls are enough for the toilet and you. I couldn't hang my backpack or jacket.
5. Even though there are signs to give up your seat for older people, handicapped, pregnant women, and women with babies, I saw people pretend to sleep or look the other way when they see anyone that qualifies. Though this is probably everywhere in the world.
6. this is not strange, but a little funny. When asking directions, most people here would rather show you by taking you to the place rather than give you directions.
7. Most smaller markets make you bag your own stuff.
8. Everyone runs for he subway even if they have one almost every fifteen minutes. Also, there's a sign thats says don't rush.
9. The ambulance drivers apologize for turning on their sirens and lights and for u-turns.
10. Salarymen, well most of them, smell like alcohol. Even in the morning.
11. This isn't funny or strange, but a lot of the kids seem so depressed. You can feel like a dark cloud over them. =(
12. It's true how salarymen let loose after work. So far it's been a few times I've seen them at the yatai's and just get loud.
13. All the women look like Ayumi Hamasaki or Boa or have some kind of ganguro look.

That's all I can remember. I'll post another list when i remember.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Is that why the manga is so depressing??? That's why!