CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Its snowing!! Yay!




I know I know. For some, it's no problem or nothing new, but I'm from Southern California where it barely rains and if it does it makes the news next to the Iraq War. My roommates had to work, except for Hisako-san. She went out and went shopping. Many have to work today and tomorrow because they have to take part in the ritual cleaning of the offices and such. That's tough. Not the cleaning part, but the work. I mean, my roommates work 6 days a week and 10 hours a day. hisako-san said she's use to it. They would feel great in the US. I told her and she said that would be good. I'm glad we all get the 3 day holiday coming up. It's for family and getting ready for the rest of the year.

I'm making this short and including my snow pics. You can see all white where I can usually see the mountains. and one pic of this electronic shopping center in Hakata. If I read it correctly, it has 12 floors of electronic goods. I couldn't take the picture, but they have a TV thats as thin as my video ipod. That's not even an inch. Wow. I was looking at the electronic dictionaries. They have this one where if you write, with a stylus, the kanji you want, it will pull it up and give you the kana and the english translation with examples. Cool. but it was 60000 yen. Thats right. Almost 600 bucks. I'll stick to paper and asking someone. haha.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YAY Snow! and Electronics! If you buy something electronic, could you use it here?

So what are your plans? And when do you ever speak English there?

Manny said...

You can buy some electronics. From what I hear some are not allowed through customs, and most items you can't ship. Cameras, camcorders, and ipods are ok, but even some camcorders are tuff to get. There's this one camcorder with 16 gigs of memory. and that's on a flash card.

My apartment manager is throwing a party for new years. it's gonna be fun. As for English, I help my roommate since she's taking classes. We try to avoid English in school.